Administrative assistant to work in an ESL Institute.
We are a small family-run institute providing ‘English as a Second Language’ courses. We aim to give our students a quality education and to help each of them to be successful in attaining their goals.
We plan to expand the range of courses we offer and to increase our capacity to accept more students. Our institute is located on the main Ankatso road, Tsiadana, Antananarivo.
PROFILE OF IDEAL CANDIDATE
We are looking for a person that can assist us with student intake, administrative duties and certain ESL tasks. Thus, our ideal candidate will possess three things:
1. English language skills,
2. Administrative/secretarial abilities, and
3. Teaching skills.
He or she must also have a professional and courteous manner in representing our institute to the public.
– Answer telephone, email and social media enquiries.
– Cover reception duties, greeting and looking after visitors.
– Administer ‘Entry tests’ to determine students’ English level.
– Type up documents and update computer records.
– Stock-take and re-order books/supplies.
– Assist with basic HR and financial management.
C. ESL Assisting
– Assist in managing English club activities: Prepare handouts, explain communication tasks, and monitor progress.
– Substitute for absent or sick teacher (for lower levels).
D. Special projects
– Assist in preparing application for “Agree par l’Etat” with Ministry of Education.
– Help foreign staff arriving in Madagascar.
– Other projects as required.
– Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, in English, French and Malagasy.
– Organizational skills, time management skills: the ability to manage multiple tasks/clients and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
– The ability to work with confidential documents/money.
– Can organize and manage ESL students in communications activities (eg club activities).
– Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, Email, and Internet.
– Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
– Bachelor’s degree in English, or equivalent in experience.
– Experience in education and/or administrative positions.
– Availability to work 08:00 – 15:30 Monday to Friday (with one hour lunch break) and 08:00 – 13:00 on Saturdays.
– Start work by August 2017.
– Work with a friendly team.
– Benefits: OSTIE AND CNAPS and paid vacation.
– Competitive salary.
– Three months trial contract, extendable to a one year contract.
Send the following to <[email protected]>:
1. A cover letter,
2. A C.V., and
3. Three references
Please prepare your cover letter and C.V. in English and submit your application by the 30th of June, 2017.
Applicants who best match our criteria will be invited for an interview.